- What personal data do we process?
- How and why do we process your personal data?
- Lawful bases
- Who is your personal data shared with?
- Social media
- Data retention
- Data security
- Your rights
- Contact us
- Updates to this notice
- NomadMania AMKE respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice sets out how NomadMania collects, uses and shares the information that you provide us when you use our website and sign up to become a member.
- NomadMania is a non-profit organisation registered in Greece with registration number 997022734 and registered office NOMADMANIA AMKE, Antinoros 19, Athens 11634, Greece.
- Personal data means any information about a living individual from which that person can be identified. Where an individual cannot be identified from the information in question it is not personal data.
- We may collect the following personal data about our users of our website and registered users:
- first and last name;
- date of birth;
- region of origin;
- Contact details, including your e-mail address;
- bio note;
- Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and webpage links;
- avatar pictures and any pictures that you may upload;
- donation information;
- registration date and last activity date; and
- travel details – such as visited regions, travel dates and durations, visited places etc.
- We may process your personal data for the following reasons, to:
- sign you up as a member on our portal;
- administer your membership;
- verify the information you provide (including the countries you have visited);
- communicate with you;
- administer your donation;
- We will only process your personal data where the law allows us to (i.e. where we have a ‘lawful basis’).
|Lawful basis||Processing||Categories of personal data|
|Legitimate interests||Conducting and maintaining our business as a non-profit organisation.
Communicating with you.
To protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our website and systems are secure.
|Name, contact details|
|Consent||Sending you marketing by email.
Processing your special category personal information.
|Name, contact details|
|Performance of a contract||To administer your membership. At a minimum, we require your name and contact details. Where this information is not provided, we will not be able to sign you up as a member.
To allow you to participate in an event for which you have registered. At a minimum we will require your name, job title and contact details. Where this information is not provided we will not be able to register you for the relevant event and you will not be able to participate.
|Name, contact details|
|Legal obligation||Where we are obliged to share your personal information with regulatory bodies which govern our work and services. If you do not supply the relevant information we may not be able to provide our services to you||Name, contact details|
- Your personal data may be shared with third parties including:
- Our partners, as well as third party service providers, including those who provide data processing services to us;
- Other members who have access to our website;
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulator, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary: (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- Another charity or organisation, as part of a merger or other transfer of all or part of our charitable assets; and
- Another person or third party, where you have consented to the disclosure.
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
- Our social media pages can be found in the following places:
In addition, we also use Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel – so through cookies the activity at NomadMania is shared with Google LLC and Facebook LLC. Both Google and Facebook have service agreements in place to comply with EU approved standard contractual clauses. We may also share your data with our partners and associates. You can find the full list here: https://nomadmania.com/partners.html.
View each social media platform’s privacy notice for information about how they manage your personal data and contact them for further details:
|Platform||Legal entity||Privacy Notice||Contact|
|Meta Platforms Ireland Limited||https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy||https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/540977946302970|
|Meta Platforms Ireland Limited||https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875/?maybe_redirect_pol=0||https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/540977946302970|
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- When we have no ongoing need to process personal data, it will either be deleted or anonymised or, if this is not possible (for example, because the relevant personal data has been stored in backup archives), we will store it securely and isolate it.
- Your personal data will be anonymised wherever possible, including any feedback that you provide.
- Apart from the above we also use Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel services for monitoring and assessing traffic at our webpage.
- We have put in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
- We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a ‘data subject access request’), to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check it is being lawfully processed;
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you – note that you can update your personal data by logging in and going to your profile page;
- Object to processing of your personal data;
- Request erasure of your personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it, or where you have exercised the right to object to processing. Note that once you are logged in there is an option to delete your account at your profile page. We then retain your data for additional time (usually up to two weeks) in case you change your mind. If you require immediate deletion of your data please contact us;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data, for example if you want NomadMania to suspend processing of certain data to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party;
- Withdraw your consent (where you have provided this).
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us (see the ‘contact us’ section below).
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area are available here.
- If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Antinoros 19, Athens 11634, Greece
Telephone number: +306970600737
Our Data Protection Officer is a rotational position within our team. You can always
contact us – regarding GDPR – here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may periodically update this privacy notice. If we make any substantial changes to it, we will notify you. Last updated: 5 January 2023.